Google Drive links: fixed

I got a strange email the other day: someone requesting access to one of my documents. Huh?

Then I remembered an email warning I got from Google a while back - Google Drive generated URLs with very poor entropy in the past, and they were updating it, but after some date all old links generated with it would be disabled for privacy reasons.

It seems I neglected to update links, primarily the ones on the BSA page, and someone was trying to access them and being presented with a login screen to request access. Whoops!

So today, I went ahead and updated them all, finding all pages with the links in them by using this on my blog:

grep -rn 'drive.google' | cut -d ':' -f 1 | sort -u

Then it was simply a case of open them, copy the new link, and replace the old one. All told there were about 11 links that were broken, and only one that was generated after the change and thus did not need updating.

Horsham, VIC, Australia fwaggle

Published:


Modified:


Filed under:


Location:

Horsham, VIC, Australia

Navigation: Older Entry