While applying for a job a while back, I started to notice that my contributions to the IT industry are organized in a very haphazard way, so I decided to list them here, in no particular order:
- Contributor to Open Source projects including Mumble
- I wrote a guide to updating positional audio plugins on Mumble that I mirrored on this site.
- Found multiple security flaws in a PHP web application with a fair few users.
- Found a security exploit (as far as I know, fixed but never acknowledged) in the website of a US Mobile operator (Of course, I've found numerous other holes over the years, but this is the only one I took the time to document).
- Chopped up several Wordpress Plugins to play nice with Nginx for extreme caching (essentially digg-proofed a website I was hosting).
- Found possible malicious code injection in a 3rd party Wordpress plugin, and removed it.
- Found (a really long time ago) a Buffer Overflow in Pirch. I didn't know how to report it at the time, so it went unreported. Not Bugtraq #35639, because this one was in DCC (found it by accident listing bots on a really big eggdrop botnet).
- I operated and maintained the software for an IRC Network, an experience which is not unlike herding cats.