The internet is a terrifying place, filled with weirdos and freaks. I know, because we can smell our own. A long time ago, I switched handles from fraggle to fwaggle, because there were in excess of a thousand "fraggles" on IRC and only two fwaggles. It's seemed like a pretty good way to stand out from the crowd.
Unfortunately there's now lots of other folks out there also using the handle now, so I figured I'd sort out which ones were me and which aren't and publicly disavow any knowledge of the ones that aren't. Let's start with the obvious:
- I don't breed dogs, and if I did I wouldn't be breeding toy breeds. I guess I snooze I lose on registering the .com domain, but the .net domain is the one I'd much rather have back.
- The Bandcamp user is very obviously not me.
- Nor is this user on a Dimethyltryptamine (yes I had to look that up) forum. I kinda wish that was me though, that guy sounds fascinating. What the fuck?
- I don't have a tumblr.
- I've not had a problem with my dog's face.
- or an account on UrbanDictionary.
- I'm not fwaggle on Facebook - if that guy's name really is Fred Waggle he deserves that handle more than I do.
- I'm pretty happy with my relationship, and I'm not 39 (yet). Melton is creepily close to where home was for a while though!
Lots of other accounts out there are me, including some really regrettable posts on Usenet, archived for eternity. C'est la vie.