A couple weeks ago something really weird happened on our primary California server, Arigeitsu. Ice started acting really weird, and despite the fact smartmontools doesn't show any anomalies, my gut feeling is that one of the disks in the RAID-1 mirror is going.

Since the box is still running FreeBSD 7, I decided to order another one and swap everything over, which I'm in the process of doing right now. Mumble servers and the name server are up and running on the new server, but as usual I've been caught with my pants down and the websites are going to take some time. :(

Migrating some of the websites was pretty fun - my sister in law's database took a while to import, and when we inspected it, turns out it's about a gigabyte (!!) in size in the dump.

Back over to the old server, and ran a neat query to sort by table sizes (I'm linking the modified one, not the original, because the original is in some fucked-up format that I couldn't copy+paste for some reason) and we learned it's the spam-blocker log from her old S9y installation. Blew it away since she's on Wordpress anyway and we're back in business.

Red Lion VIC 3371, Australia fwaggle

Published:


Modified:

Never

Filed under:


Location:

Red Lion VIC 3371, Australia

Navigation: Older Entry Newer Entry