I wrote/tweeted earlier about how our splitter broke again for the second time in as many days of use, and despite the fact I got a couple of little things done, my playercard on CoD:BO makes me feel like all I’ve done is sat around and played Playstation all weekend.
One thing I did manage to get done was welding the exhaust on the oldsmobile finally. Previously it was held together – only just – with exhaust clamps. Needless to say it was legal (as in, quiet enough to not get pulled over for no other good reason) but it certainly wasn’t pleasant to drive. Particularly around 40-45mph, it seemed like that was the sweet spot for the drone to sneak out of the holes left just behind the cat.
So I pulled the old clamp off, cut some feathers in the one piece of pipe that connected the old to the new, disconnected the battery and then welded it all together. The results are pretty good – I’m quite sure that out here on these salty roads the weld will outlive the rest of the exhaust, and there’s almost no drone while driving.
I also got a little winterizing done, but not as much as I’d have liked.
The worst of it all was my diet – sitting around eating things like pumpkin pie for lunch isn’t exactly the best way to lose weight, if you know what I mean. Almost reminds me of those shameful days of doing 18 hour stints on MapleStory.